Just over 100 days to go ...
With just over 100 days to go, the pace of preparations for the London 2012 games is really increasing.
In the past fortnight we've seen;
- Over 200 Pre-Games Training Camp agreements have been signed across the UK –this finalises the training and preparation locations full details: Training Camps
- Additionally, London 2012 merchandise is now available everywhere as the official provider John Lewis is launching London 2012 shops in all its full line department stores.
- The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) announced improvements and alterations to the Mountain Bike venue at Hadleigh Farm in Essex. After test events and feedback from athletes the “Mountain Bike” venue has been improved
- LOCOG is asking for Local Leaders get set to celebrate London 2012 across the UK. The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) launched an initiative to help individuals bring their friends, family and communities together to celebrate the Games this summer.
- Construction of the Water Polo Arena, one of the final London 2012 venues to be built, has been completed one month ahead of its test events.
Looks like the Olympics are starting to gain momentum - we'll keep you updated as the pace increases.