Equal Opportunities & Diversity Statement
Loomis has an equal opportunities and diversity policy which aims to ensure that no job applicant, employee or group of employees receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief, marital status, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
It will therefore apply employment policies which are fair and consistent with the skills and abilities of its employees. These policies will ensure that all employees are afforded equal opportunity for recruitment, training and promotion.
By applying policies and practices that are fair, equitable and consistent our aim is to:
- Seek to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse nature of the community at large
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued
- Ensure that all employees and potential employees are treated fairly and with respect throughout all stages of employment
- Treat all employees with dignity and respect, providing a working environment that is free from any form of harassment, unlawful discrimination or victimisation, in which each employee is able to give their best
- Fulfill our obligations by adopting legal, national and local guidelines that seek to ensure equality of opportunity and eradicate discrimination
- Evaluate the impact of our employment practices and policies, services and functions and make changes where they impact unfairly or adversely on any group(s)
- Communicate our policy to all employees and train managers in its implementation
All employees are expected to adhere to the policy and any employee who is found to have discriminated against any fellow employee or other person during the course of their employment with Loomis may be subject to disciplinary action.
Code of Conduct
Loomis’ code of conduct mirrors our fundamental values. It assures high business ethics, care for our employees, and concern for the environment.
The code serves as guidance to all Loomis’ employees and can be summarized in three bullet points:
- Loomis shall be the most attractive employer in the industry.
- Loomis shall reduce our operational environmental impact.
- Loomis shall never accept unethical behaviour.
A continuous work
We work continuously on our values and our Code of Conduct. They form a natural part of the introduction to the company for new employees, of education, and leadership development. We place great emphasis on cautiousness and control in the recruitment of new employees. All new recruits undergo basic training and afterwards participate in recurring training sessions.
If suspicion of unethical behaviour arises, and if an employee does not want to report to the closest superior, there is an internal reporting tool called Loomis Integrity Line. Any one working within the Loomis Group is entitled to use this tool and draw attention to the actions which counteract our corporate values and code of conduct.