Loomis UK Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Loomis UK Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page - therefore, you should check regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last updated on 13th February, 2018.
What we collect and what we do with it
When you sign up to our monthly updates/newsletters we collect the following information:
- Email address
We use the information in order to transmit email newsletters to your email address. All subscriptions require a double opt-in so please monitor your email inbox to approve your registration - without this agreement you will not receive updates. Please note that you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of any of those transmitted emails.
When you complete any of our contact request forms we collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- Address and postcode
- Nature of enquiry and/or information to qualify a support request
We use this information in order to respond to your query.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies and how we use them
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer - they are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a visitor and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes. Overall, the cookies we use on this website help us provide you with a better website and experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us - for instance, via the various contact forms or through our newsletter subscription and only in the manner described above.
This website utilises the following cookies -
- Session - Also called a transient cookie, this type of cookie is erased when the user closes their browser - the session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer and will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- Google Tag Manager / Google Analytics - these traffic logging cookies identify only which pages are being visited on this website. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our visitors needs. We only use this anonymous traffic information for statistical analysis purposes, and it cannot be used to identify you. Additionally, we have actively selected Google Analytic’s _anonymizeIp function which requests that Google takes the end-users IP address and sets the last digits to 0, therefore anonymizing the end-user before any processing and storage begins on their systems. This IP masking takes place as soon as data is received by the Google Analytics Collection Network (and that is, within Europe) - so visitors full IP address is never written to disk.
- Wistia - we collect anonymous viewing data from the videos on our home page and this allows us to measure engagement with a view to improving future videos. We have selected to anonymize the data and so no IP addresses are recorded or stored and no personal information or data that might identify you is captured at any time.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer and these instructions may be useful - http://www.whatarecookies.com/enable.asp. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of this and other websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and a small fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to : Privacy Compliance, Loomis UK Ltd, Union Street, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 4JD United Kingdom.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. If you have a concern about an organisation's information rights practices, report it to the ICO - https://ico.org.uk/concerns/