Loomis aims to continually reduce its environmental impact – and our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint are accredited by the Carbon Trust.
As the UK’s cash management specialist, we need vans to take notes and coins securely from one location to another. But because our vehicles are the main source of our company’s CO2 emissions, we work hard to reduce them as much as possible.
We’re doing that with a number of green initiatives, including:
- Educating our drivers in environmental driving techniques
- Badging our vehicles with their carbon footprint – and then working to reduce it
- Examining the use of electric vehicles where possible
- Looking at reducing the weight of our armoured vehicles by using Kevlar instead of steel
As well as reducing vehicle emissions, we also work hard to reduce our carbon footprint across the company as a whole. To help us, we’ve appointed ‘green champions’ at every Loomis site. They inspire staff to find new ways of reducing our environmental impact.
These are just some of the ways we’re getting greener:
- Replacing all light fittings with more environmentally friendly alternatives
- Fitting motion detectors to ensure lights are only on when needed
- Improving waste management to recycle all plastic, paper and card
So, when you trust your cash management to Loomis, you can not only rely on efficient and secure service – you can rest assured that we’re keeping our environmental impact to a minimum.
Call us on 0845 309 6419 to find out what Loomis can do to support your business and it's cash management.